KPO Antenna, 1925
The KPO antenna was a "T" type, four wires spread six feet apart, and 114 ft.
in length. It was supported by two 125 ft. towers which had been erected by the Pacific Coast
Steel Co. on the roof of the Hale Brothers' Department Store on Market Street. This gave the
antenna a total height over the street of 220 ft. The studio and transmitter were located on
the sixth floor of the store building.
[Go to Index of Articles]
[Return to Photo Archive]
[Return to Home Page]