[SFX: drum roll]
It's time now for the ....
The Oldradio.com TOP TEN
ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT PEEVES:
Bubbling under (Honorary 1996 Telcomm Act peeve):
10. PDs with those little green screwdrivers.
9. Lame weekenders who can't restart the transmitter or change the pattern.
8. Traffic people who schedule all EAS tests at 3AM.
7. GMs and SMs who think any remote they can sell ought to be on the air in 10 minutes.
6. PDs who are deaf in one ear.
5. DJs who never check to see if they are actually on-the-air.
4. DJ's who can't fill out logs.
3. DJ's who, instead of asking questions about a problem, simply don't do anything.
2. PDs who are deaf in both ears.
...and here it is:
1. 3:00 AM wake up calls to notify the engineer a cue light is burned out on the console.